Friday, September 24, 2010

Florida East Coast Noshing

Friday was the day before the big weekend noshing event as we made our way up the coast to the ICES Day of Sharing in Daytona, Florida. I got my photos printed, bags packed, shopping done, but I still could not settle on what recipe to use for the recipe swap. It’s 11:25pm and I still can’t decide. Maybe it’s due to the sugar induced coma that I’m finding myself in at the moment.

One of my fellow crawlers “kidnapped” me in a surprise today, and we drove all over town testing local cupcakes. Our first stop was Hello Cupcake located on 521 Northwood Rd in West Palm Beach, here we sampled Lemon Curd, Key Lime and Pralines, and PiƱa Colada cupcakes, as well as a Rasberry cheesecake. Then onto lunch we went, and ended up on Indiantown Rd. in Jupiter at the newly opened Annie’s Vintage Gourmet…I should have just stuck with sugar and cake for lunch. Not far away was a little place called DD’s Cupcake Shoppe, where I devoured a Pineapple, Banana, and Pecan cupcake topped with Cinnamon Cream Cheese frosting, and a Cannoli cupcake. While my partner ate one…which we couldn’t put our finger on. We were told it was a chocolate chip devils food, but we couldn’t figure out the frosting. So I think a phone call back to them is in order, and maybe a cupcake order of more of those Hummingbirds (the pineapple ones). And finally if 7 cupcakes weren’t enough for me, on our way back into town we stopped by A Piece of Cake in Wellington and tried their Chocolate Raspberry, Key Lime, and Butter Rum cupcakes. Needless to say, after 10 sweet treats I drove back home groaning and smelling of cupcakes, but please, don’t take that as a complaint. All those sweets left me craving some savory food, so off to the store I went for Grilled Chicken Ceaser Salad fixings.

Tomorrow will bring new adventures as we hop in the car and make our way to Daytona. And after we arrive back home, I’ll will commence the reviewing. Until then, here’s wishing you cupcake filled weekends, and tons of sweet treats.

PS. If you’re in the Wellington area, and it’s not a Monday, grab a slice at A Piece of Cake, and head next door to Kobosko’s Kreamery and enjoy a scoop of ice cream that will complement. They are located at 9102 Forest Hill Blvd, Wellington. Just West of 441 on the South side.

1 comment: